Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Really, I'm not dead

That is actually my standard greeting when calling people back home now. "I'm still not dead."

Forgive the almost a week without anything, but truth be told, it's been pretty uneventful lately. We're all writing midterms, so that's all we're doing. I haven't been to rounds for...well, anything. Rounds are usually just after class or during lunch time and I'm cramming so much these days that during my lunch hours, I really don't want to even acknowledge that vet med exists. So far I don't feel too bad about midterms. Anatomy didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but I think I did okay. I rocked immunology and physiology and animal production.

It's a good news/bad news situation right now. Good news? Only two more midterms left. Bad news? One of those is histology. I can't even put into words how much I hate histology. There's no word for it. Physiology and I are actually sort of friends, immunology and I get along fine (even if I do struggle to stay awake through the lectures, I get the material), anatomy and I are... acquaintances. If anatomy was a person, I'd nod and wave to it in the hallway, but wouldn't necessarily stop to chat.

Histology and me though? Well, if histology was a person, we would have had a full on, screaming-biting-scratching-hair-pulling bitch fight by now. Everything is pink squiggly lines with dark dots. Dense regular connective tissue? Pink squiggly lines with dark dots. Smooth muscle? Pink squiggly lines with dark dots. Fibrocartilage? Pink squiggly- Well, you get the idea.

Suffice to say, I'm NOT looking forward to Friday morning from 8:30-10:30. I just really want to pass it. Anything above a pass will be icing on the cake. I'm hoping to do well on the theory/written (which I seem to get and know) and to make up for the identification part.

We'll see. Almost done. This weekend is going to be bomb, as soon as it starts on 1:30 on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment