Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Does my hair smell like cows??"

You learn to not be surprised by anything that happens in vet school. Half the class toured a dairy farm this morning. I wasn't on it, I missed the sign-up sheet, so I'll go next week. Just as well, since I'm in a group that has a presentation to give on Friday that's 30% of our grade for that class and it was nice to have the morning to work on it. Never mind the fact that PEI has apparently decided to have a monsoon season. Yikes! Torrential rain and horrific north wind at 100kph. I got more or less soaked in the 10 minutes it took for me to walk from my house to the UPEI library.

As I sat doing research reading an article from 1969 on aging in adult dog bones, a classmate scurries over, sticks her head immediately in front of my face and asks, "Does my hair smell like cows??" Not: "Hi, how are you? I think my hair smells like cow..." Just flat out: "Does my hair smell like cows??" And that was more or less the end of that conversation too.

Luckily, said classmate is a very good friend and has a very distinct voice. Otherwise I think my reaction to a girl sticking her head in my face would have been to slap her. Instead, it was the funniest thing I've seen all week. I'm still laughing about it.

Maybe you had to be there though.

(And yes, her hair did smell like cows. Not that it bothered me."

No comments:

Post a Comment