Monday, January 2, 2012

Once more unto the breach!

Yes, if you saw a steady stream of packed up cars heading across the Confederation Bridge today, that would be my classmates and me. We start back at class bright at early at 8:30 AM tomorrow morning. And they've decided to ease us in... not. General Pathology, followed by 3 hours of Anatomy.

I'm kind of excited about our classes this semester. My old friend Anatomy is back for another go, this time with ponies and goats in lab, and chickens and fish in lecture too. We're back to Physiology again, and one of my resolutions is to stay on top of it daily. That goes for Parasitology too! I have an irrational fear of Parasitology. So many names and life cycles...

Histology is still with us, and invited its terrifying friend Embyology. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. I have yet to meet anyone that liked Embryology. Most of them are just really glad it's over.

Then there's General Pathology. I like Pathology. Hell, I'm in the Pathology club. So I have high hopes for this class. I don't know how well I'll do, but I am kind of excited about it.

Another newbie is Veterinary Epidemiology. I don't know how I feel about it. I've considered epidemiology as a career path, because in theory it sounds cool, but honestly, I have very limited experience with it. So it's very possible that I'll totally hate it. Hopefully not, but it's possible.

Structure and Function is staying. I like S&F. Fingers are crossed that I'll like my new assigned group. My last group gelled really well (enough so that we more or less begged the professors to let us stay together, but no dice). They haven't posted groups for that yet, so I won't find out until Friday.

Last (but not least) is Clinical Orientation. Also know as the first official time we get to deal with living breathing animals. Namely, Beagles, cows, horses and goats. We have assigned animals to walk and groom, plus we learn things like restraint and handling. And knot-tying. I like knot-tying. Maybe I'll finally figure out how to tie a damn quick release knot...

So once again, in the words of the Doctor: "Allons-y!"

(Sorry. I spent a lot of break watching Doctor Who. In fact, I just got done rewatching Voyage of the Damned...)

No comments:

Post a Comment