Sunday, January 22, 2012

Beagle Day!

Yes, Mondays are a little better this semester for me. Even though it's a Monday and I have to be up earlier than any other day. Classes start at 8:30 as usual, but I run the student laundry office from 8-8:30, so I'm there a half hour earlier. But I do that on Tuesdays too. So what's special about Mondays?

Mondays are the day I walk my group's Beagles. Yes it's stupidly cold out and I get to school before the sun even comes up (lazy sun, loafing around...), but what can I say? I love to watch them play. They skid around on the ice and run along the fence line with each passing car and then I call them and they zoom back to me, usually ducking between my legs at the last second. I'm dog deprived these days. My girl was put to sleep November 2010, so she didn't make the trek to PEI with me. I have housemates now, so not really in a position to get another dog. I plan on getting my own place next year, but still don't think I'll be able to get a new dog. I'm just gone too much, it wouldn't be fair to the dog. I think it's one thing to do that to a dog you've had for years, but not one you've just gotten. I may become a cat person. There's lots of humane society cats that need adopting. I don't dislike cats. I just find them a little odd. But they can be loveable. And I'm loveable and a little odd, so maybe we'll go very well together.

Speaking of the future, it's summer job application time. Yes, already! The positions don't start until May, obviously, but they're starting to post ads now. AVC hires students in various positions every summer. I'm hoping to get something with them, and to be honest, I don't really care what it is. I have preferences, but there's not a lot that I'd really hate doing. Maybe basic small animal care would be a no-go, but even something like ICU would be cool. I put in one application already for a position that closes on Jan 26. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment