Monday, January 23, 2012

Ending with a bang

Unfortunately, that "bang" was the sound of our assigned horse stepping on my foot. Ow. She's usually a doll. This is sort of how it went.

Me: *picks up her hind foot*
Horse: Nooo. I'm a mare, and I'm cranky because the dumb horse keeps making faces at me and kicking the wall. *pulls foot away*
Me: *holds on to it* Nope, mine, not done picking this out yet.
Horse: Nooo! *yank*
Me: *loses grip on the hoof*
Horse: *puts foot down toe first on to my foot*

Luckily, she spared my toes and got me higher up on the foot. Still hurt like a bugger though. I'm hypotensive though, and had a vasovagal (re: dizzy) spell and had to lean against a wall in the barn with my head between my knees for awhile. Thank you to my concerned classmates who asked if I was okay. It passed though, and back I went to finish what I started. Then I walked the Beagles again. Then I went home and I've been icing it on and off ever since, keeping it propped up on the bed. There's a mild purple tinge to the skin but nothing worth writing home about. Harrumph. If I'm going to get stepped on, I'd at least like something impressive! Maybe tomorrow my immune's system artistic side will have come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment