Thursday, December 22, 2011

Post-Exam Period Decompression

It's like deep water diving. You need some time to depressurize and come back to the world of the normal, land-dwelling people. After Histology on Friday, there wasn't much to report. Other than a "WTF??" moment while looking at a slide of an anal gland (only found that out later...), it was pretty uneventful. Since I was confident I hadn't failed anything, I basically entirely stopped thinking about school once I left that exam room. Some friends and I had dinner that night and went to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (because nothing eases the mind more than looking at Robert Downey Jr...). On Saturday, there was something of a mass exodus of my classmates off PEI, though some of the Americans left on Friday night to get a head start.

I'd almost been too busy over the past few days to even think about marks. I was pleasantly surprised when they came in. One or two were a bit lower, but only by a few points. Notable surprises were Physiology and Histology. I managed to drag Phys kicking and screaming up from a B to an A-, which means I must have aced the final. Woo! And Histology bumped up a couple of points too. The overall breakdown was: 1 A-, 4 As, and 2 A+s. Merry Christmas to me!

So that's that. I have another 12 days of rest, before jumping into Semester 2. Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! definately just read the whole thing so I can live vicariously! :D I got the link here from SDN- super cool blog. Go Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Always great to hear from readers. I started the blog because over the summer, in the weeks between getting my acceptance and starting school, I was looking for AVC blogs. I wanted to see what vet school was like day to day. I could find blogs for schools all over North America and some in Europe and the Caribbean, but none for AVC. If you're looking for a different AVC perspective, I'll point you to my classmate's blog at theferretroom.blogspot.com, but you may have gotten that from SDN too.

    Love SDN! Such a fantastic resource and community.

    ReplyDelete