Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A day in the life

So, exactly what does a day in the life of a first year vet student look like?

This is a typical weekday for me:
7:00 - Wake up, shower, eat breakfast, collect various food for the day to take to school.
8:00 - Start job. Sort laundry, drop off for the service to pick up.
8:30 - Classes start. Class schedule varies by day.
12:30 - Lunch time. Depending on the day, I'm either working in the laundry room again (as I am now) or I'm attending club meetings.
1:30 - Classes (again).
4:30 - Classes end for the day. Find somewhere quiet to study or run errands or sometimes, there's extracurriculars (like Thursday is gross pathology rounds abd Fridays are physiology tutorials.
6:30 - Head to the gym.
7:30 - Leave the gym, come home, shower, eat supper.
8:30 - Study.
10:30 - Quit studying for the night, watch Doctor Who/Torchwood/anime/Daily Show/Colbert Report/Conan - depending on what strikes my fancy. Call parents/people back home.
12:30 - Bed.

Get up the next morning and do it all again! Weekends are usually tutorials, social events, extra curriculars (and sleep). And inevitiably, I end up spending almost as much time on weekends at school as I do on weekdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment