Thursday, November 24, 2011

One month until Christmas Eve!

And three weeks until my final exam is over and I'm free for Christmas break. Crunch time! I can't believe I write my first exam in a week. Ack. I am so not prepared. Need to do some serious cramming. I've been studying 4 hours or so every night since the weekend. J and I will be in anatomy lab to review tomorrow night, and probably on Sunday too. Anatomy project is almost ready to be put to bed. APS project is...coming. Hoping to finish on the weekend.

Everyone has their hated subjects. For me, it's physiology. It's my weakest subject. Previously it was histology, but I like the material better this time around, and the final isn't really cumulative. But physiology IS cumulative. I really hate cumulative finals, because inevitably, they're weighted more on the stuff you haven't already been tested on, and I never know how much time I should be devoting to the old stuff. I like physiology, it's all very neat and elegant, I just get lost in it. Like a hedgemaze. You can admire the hedgemaze but still be flabbergasted as to how to get out of it. I have an appointment to go over my midterm with the prof tomorrow.

Most first year vet students loathe anatomy. Really, I don't hear anyone complain more about a given subject than anatomy. I don't mind it, actually. I love the anatomy profs at AVC. My two partners are AWESOME, especially J. Some schools do anatomy lab every. Single. Day. That would be grating, I agree. AVC doesn't. We have a 3 hour Monday lab and a 2 hour Thursday lab. It's not bad. The 3 hour lab can be a bit exhausting, but there's nothing stopping us from stepping out for a 15 minute break or something. Maybe I'm weird.

In fact, I'm almost positive I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment