Monday, November 7, 2011

A Giggly Day

Yeah, sometimes, vet students are just kids. We get giggly. We're really grateful our professors are patient with us.

Example: Today in anatomy, we were going over radiography of the spine. The intervertebral foramen apparently looks like a horse head in the dog. So out of interest, our instructor asked us if we knew what it looked like in the human. With an absolutely straight face, a classmate responded: "Monkey."

(Apparently, it looks like a scottie dog in people. Go figure. It looks like a horse in dogs, like a dog in humans...)

And then a group of us was put into laughter again during a bovine palpation lab where we were told to "shake hands with the cervix". Yes, the doctor teaching us actually said the words, "Why hello cervix, how are you?"

We got our final midterm marks back today. In all, I've done very well. There were a few failures on our histology midterm, unfortunately. I did... very well on it. I don't know how. I don't know if I knew more than I thought or if I had a slew of lucky guesses, but in any case, it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment