Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hazards of the job

Okay, there's really no denying that vet med is a high risk field (depending on what you're doing, of course - epidemiologists only problem is possible carpal tunnel and pathologists biggest risk is accidentally cutting themselves while gleefully hacking at a post mortem). Your patients will bite you, scratch you, step on you, shove you into walls...

Today, I have a sore neck. Did I strain something picking up a Saint Bernard? Did a cow hit me in the head? Maybe a python tried to choke me?

No, no, and no.

I got a cramp while studying for my histology final. I was typing up notes and going back and forth between the paper notes and online images. The book is to my left. So I spent a large amount of time yesterday looking down and to the left. Hence, the left side of my neck now hurts.

Worst. Injury. Ever.

(Before I get hate mail, I love epidemiologists and pathologists. I kid because I love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment