Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Does anything need to be 2166 pages long??

Apparently, it does. "It" in this case in Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary. Comprehensive in this case might be the understatement of the century. It's 2166 pages long, and 2.5 inches thick. What have I got myself into?? Though  I suppose if the vet thing doesn't pan out, I can always use it as a step stool for getting things off high shelves.

Meanwhile, Guide to the Dissection of the Dog is deceptively small. I don't trust it. I keep waiting for it to spontaneously get six inches bigger. Of course, I think it might be the academic equivalent of a neutron star - a huge amount of material packed into a ridiculously tiny space. Still has that new textbook smell too! Soon to be replaced by the smell of formaldehyde. Hurrah!




No comments:

Post a Comment